The TS 55 REQ is the most portable and versatile of Festool's plunge cut saws.
It's unbelievably easy to use just the saw. You can incorporate a guide rail with the saw, or you can mount it on a multifunction table. The choice of using a guiderail gives you control for perfectly straight, splinter-free cuts. Having zero-tearout, glue-ready cuts the first time around won't cost you an investment in time and material. For a quick and easy setup, the TS 55 cuts right on the edge of the scribe line, even on angle or bevel cuts. Your saving time with the scribe line being the actual cut line. Creating matched panels by cutting stacked sheets goods with one cut is also time-saving. As you are making a cut, the built-in riving knife descends along with the blade. The spring-loaded knife does not intefer when making plunge cuts. This puts you in control of the tool, reducing the chance of kickback along with the wear-and-tear of the blade and motor. The dust extraction port ensures less dust and a clear view of the workpiece, resulting in less time with cleanup. Festool guarantees a high-quality power tool and years of reliable service with its three-year warranty.
- When used with Festool guide rails, you can achieve perfectly straight and splinter-free cuts.
- Spring-loaded riving knife (splitter) keeps the cut kerf open so that the material does not pinch the blade. This reduces the chance of kickback.
- The slip clutch helps to minimize the risk of a kickback and minimizes wear on the blade, gear case, and motor.
- Blade changes are easier and safer using the FastFix system which locks switch and arbor simultaneously for easy arbor bolt removal.
- Arbor size .787" (20 mm)
- Bevel cuts 0º - 45º
- Cutting depth on guide rail 1 15/16" (50 mm) straight down and 1 7/16" (37 mm) at 45°
- Cutting depth without guide rail 2 1/8" (55 mm) straight down
- Power consumption 1200 watts / 10 amps 120 v AC
- Saw blade diameter 6-1/4" (160 mm)
- Saw blade speed 2,000 - 5,200 rpm
- Weight 9.92 lbs. (4.5 kg)
- TS55 Plunge Cut Circular Saw
- Limit stop FS/2
- 55" Guide Rail FS 1400/2
- 48-tooth carbide saw blade (495377)
- Plug-It power cord
- Systainer 3